More summersewing

As I type this, I only have 1,5 days of vacation left. Oh my…where did those 5 weeks go?? Because of the 2 heat waves we’ve experienced here in the Netherlands, the first 3 weeks went by in a bit of a blur. I really could not do much more than hang on the couch and move as little as possible. It's just not my kind of weather and I’m ever so glad that the heat is gone, altough it’s still above 20°C. In spite of all that heat I managed to get some sewing done.



I bought the fabric for this skirt (KnipMode January 2018 – skirt ‘Yara’) at a fabric fair and it is a wonderful jersey with elastane. The colours are so vibrant, And it has a bit of weight to it so it hangs beautifully. It was a super quick make. I took size 46 and made it slightly bigger at the hip. Jersey can be so clingy to your body and I really want to avoid that if possible. 
As you can tell from the picture below, the design calls for an elastic band as a waistband, but I opted for a casing of the fabric, sewn on top of the skirt, and 1,5 cm elastic to put in it.

                            

It’s a very nice skirt. Flowy, summery, colourful. I hope to get a lot of wear out of it. However, I lack some matching tops in my wardrobe so I must work on that. The shirt I'm wearing here matches perfectly colourwise but is too tight.







The other projects I made are the the blue polka dot blouse, which I already showed you in a previous post, some very comfy lounge pants and currently I am working on a white blouse. That blouse is a bit of a pain actually (fitting design and non-stretch material...need I say more?) and I don’t know if it will end as a wearable item. If it does, you’ll read about it here. It could actually be a perfect partner for my skirt so I’m really keeping my fingers crossed the outcome will be good (enough).

So yeah, there you have it. The holiday has not been a complete waste as far as sewing is concerned. I hope I can hold on to my sewing mojo when I’m back at work. More than often I’m very tired at the end of the day and I don’t feel like doing anything. We'll see, I'm not gonna beat myself up about it.

For everyone whose holiday has ended or is about to end: Good luck with the start-up. I know how it feels!
On the other hand, it will be great to see my colleagues again and with our daily walk during our lunch-break we will be able to enjoy the sun some more.
I hope you have time to enjoy it too.

Gr
Lilian


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over