Jersey Top (x2) - Not so identical twins



This is a pattern from KnipMode July 2012. One of the patterns that, through the years, I immediately fell in love with. Again it's an example of simple with a 'twist'. The ruffles are the real center of attention here. The assymetrical neckline also does its best to attract attention. I like the 3/4-length sleeves. It makes it perfect to wear after summer. Great transitional wear so to speak. I am rather proud of how evenly the ruffles are divided. I took my time to get it right and it really payed off.


There is one flaw in this pattern. Once the top is sewn, the shoulderlines are no longer aligned. (See the yellow lines in the picture below.) Probably because of all the pulling that is going on. I assume you can change this by extending the diagonal neckline at the shoulderpoint, but I am not gonna try this. I already have to take off 3 cm of that same neckline at the other side, to prevent it from hanging too loose. I don't think adding length at the shoulder side will do it any good. And anyway, if I hadn't told you, you never would have guessed, right?



Now, why am I talking about (not so identically) twins in the title of this post?
See this? Looks familiar? That's right. It's a top I made a few years ago with the same pattern. Only did I somehow manage to make it in reverse this time.
The blue fabric has more stretch than this grey fabric, so it's less tight at the bust-area.
I won't ditch the 'old' one, but I like the new version better.


It's a great piece to make and to wear. But I have to make sure my bra-strap is not showing. To avoid having to check all day, I secure it with a safetypin on the inside.

I had plans to pick a new sewing project but I didn't. And to be honest I don't have the desire to do so anymore. We'll see what tomorrow brings. A lot of other tasks were done today, so I'm pretty tired now and apart from cooking/eating/dishes there won't be much action in da house for what's left of the day.

Talk to you soon
Lilian

p.s.  I received a question from Anonymous about subscribing to KnipMode when you live abroad.
Anonymous, if you read this: this link might come in handy. At the bottom of the page you'll find an email-address and a phonenumber you can use to ask any questions about subscribing to KnipMode. But....as far as I know, there is no English version. So, maybe that's something to take into consideration.

Comments

  1. Ik heb ooit geprobeerd de jurk te maken....geen succes.
    De tops staan jou wel goed!
    Wel grappig zo, twee exemplaren in spiegelbeeld haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over