Though the plan was to NOT make a sleeveless summertop, I realised there wasn't enough fabric left to make anything else. So I went on with it. I drafted the pattern myself about a year ago, using a store-bought shirt as an example, and this is the third time I'm using it. So I guess it qualifies as a TNT. Anyway, here's the picture:


Like the Swedish popgroup Abba sings in 'The winner takes it all':  "It's simple and it's plain, why should I complain?"
Yes it's simple but I can use this top a lot this summer. I was able to make two pieces out of this lovely fabric. So yeah, I'm content and not complaining.


(The Blue Lady, who has been in my life for more than 20 years and has served as a model numerous times, has begun to show some signs of aging. Like most ladies start to wrinkle when they get older, she is no exception. (Poor thing!)

After three fairly simple pieces, I think it's time to make something with a little bit more interesting details. But at this point I don't have a clue what that should be. I have some lovely summerfabrics in my stash so that shouldn't be a problem. But ideas? Nope. None.

I need some input to keep this blog rolling though. Last week I had a moment where I was thinking: "Why only blog about the new things you make, when there are a LOT of things from the (recent) past that you didn't blog about. Maybe that's what I'm gonna do. Dig out some ghosts from the past and show them to you. I think that could be fun. I hope you do so too ;-)

As for my unemployment: three weeks ago I had the chance to start in a temporary job on a primary school. Due to reasons I don't want to go into on this blog, this ended for now. Maybe there is a chance that I can return at the beginning of the new schoolyear. It depends on a few things that we'll have to wait to see how they develop. (sorry for being so vague about this....) But if the circumstances haven't changed by then, they want me back and I would absolutely love to go back!!
It will be temporary so I still need to look for a more permanent job, but I'm ever so proud that I managed to get some job at all! This proves to me that all hope's not lost!

Talk to you soon!

Lilian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over