Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sewing and blogging, 's not always easy..

Finally I've decided what my next project will be. Black trousers! It's been a while since I sewed my last pair of trousers and I'm kind of excited to make another pair. I cut out some patternpieces tonight but was then cruelly interrupted by a cat that needed attention. Lots of attention.
Anyway, I'll pick it up later. There was something else I still had to do: take care of the fit of my burgundy cardigan. I took in the sideseams a bit and placed darts in the back. And now I'm totally happy with it. Pictures will follow soon. I will also show you the creme sweater I made after the cardigan and the details of both projects.

That's right folks, my blog has been sort of silent, but my sewing-machine and I spent some quality-time lately.
I did make a picture of the creme sweater before it was finished, so I'll give you that as a sneak peek. Maybe you recognise it as I made it earlier in a grey knit.
So there you have it. I'm actually quite productive lately, but blogwise there is room for improvement. It seems like I'm finding it harder to blog than when I started. I seem to weigh every word and feel very insecure about my writing in English (not my native language). When I started I wanted to share every story with you (and I remember being enthusiastic about them. Even making the odd joke here and there). Now I feel that my stories aren't interesting enough for you to read which is very discouraging. I don't like my pictures and the layout of my posts are bland and boring. And when writing less you loose readers, which is very logical and understandable.
It's probably just a phase I'm going through. At least I hope that that's the case.

Wow, I didn't mean to sound so negative, but it's just how I feel about my blogging at the moment.
But don't worry, I'm not going anywhere and I'll do my best to find joy in blogging again.

Gr.
Lilian

4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Well I'm not sure exactly when I added your blog to my google reader, but I actually like it. I'm going back now to find about your sweater/top in this post. I like it.

Baking Soda said...

Lilian, please keep up the good work! I know how hard it is to keep blogging, or rather keep a steady pace with it. I'm at it for 6 years I think, and I can get very discouraged by the exact same things you mention. Other peoples pics are always better, what on earth do I have to say that'll interest people, everyone's got a better layout, a more interesting header etc etc.

Hmm I guess I needed to vent! Haha.

Janine said...

Lillian , your sewing is great - I love the clothes that you sew . Your English is impeccable and I admire anyone who can speak more than one language. I understand your feelings though but don`t compare your blog to others as yours is just as special and has its own place in sewing blogging land.

Aminat said...

I have been a follower ever since I can remember. I love your blog and you sew so well, I sometimes neglect my blog and get discouraged , especially when life is so busy, the main important thing is you enjoy what you are doing and have fun doing it...