KnipMode 2003-02 / 18a - Skirt finished (Pretty picture vs dirty picture)

When will I ever learn. Ending almost every post with a promise for the next one. And most of the time I change my mind and write about something else instead. But hey, that's a bloggers prerogative, I guess.
This one is no exception. So no cardigan yet, but a skirt that I meant to show you for quite some time now.

As I wrote earlier, this skirt was part of a little SWAP. But I never told you that I changed my mind about the pattern. My original choice was a skirt with rounded sideseams but I must say I shied away from that when the time came to cut the fabric. So I switched to another pattern. A pattern I like very much. And I can say that in all honesty because I used that pattern some years ago for a jeans skirt. It got a lot of wear and I remember feeling great in it. I also remember feeling sad when it no longer fit. Since then I went from a size 42 to a size 46. Mmm..yeah well I'm working on that. OK??
But it fits, I love it and I'm very happy with it.

It's just a shame that all the details of the skirt get lost when I try to take a 'pretty' picture with the flashlight on.
So I'll give you the 'dirty' picture and the linedrawing as well, just to make sure you get the whole idea. (The rounded side-pockets on the hips are just hidden in both pictures, and there are 2 backpockets).







It was great fun to make this skirt. I loved putting together all the pockets (8!), pocketflaps and the topstitching.
When I look at this outfit I remember why I'm sewing my own clothes. And it's a good feeling.

Gr.
Lilian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over