KnipMode 2010-09 / 9b Top finished!


Done!! And happy!

After the little hickup I had in the beginning of this project, everything went smoothly. It didn't take very long to finish. Basically it's a very simple pattern. The sleeves of course are the most interesting part of this top.

These are both top-sleeves with only the elastic attached. If I followed the instructions I should have used a piece of elastic that was (quite a bit) longer than the sleeve itself.  Duhh ??? 
So I had to do the maths myself. But I did rather well I think.








Here you see the sleeve with the pleats basted in place (click twice on picture to get a closer view) and the bottom attached to the top. It's a bit ruffled at the seem but not very much.
When I wear this, the sleeves are not as fluffy as they are on the model in the magazine. Hmmm....probably her upper-arms aren't as fluffy as mine...






I'm proud of the way the elastic is sewed in. You can't even see the stitches at the right side because I managed to 'stitch in the ditch' perfectly...(you gotta love that expression!)

There were a few issues that I would like to point out in case anyone wants to try this pattern:

1. The sleeves are very, very long. Had to take off about 8 cm. Of course this differs from person to person and I don't have very long arms. But usually I get away with the length that's used in the magazine.

2. The waist was very wide. I chose my normal size (44) and usually I have to widen the pattern a bit to make it fit. But now I had to remove 10 cm in width and it's still not very close-fitting.

3. The top is quite short to my taste. I always lengthen a top by 4 to 5 cm, because of my bodylength. I did that this time, but it's still about 4 cm shorter than I usually make it.

4. This top hasn't got darts at the bust. If you're great at altering patterns I would recommend them. You can see in the pictures that there is some excess of fabric at that place.


Now, what's next on the list? I want to sew a skirt but I also want to lose some weight first. In the october magazine of KnipMode there was a beatiful wrap-dress. That could be a great project to start on, but I don't have the fabric for it yet. I think I'm gonna dive into my (petite) stash and see what I come up with. I'll keep you informed, of course.

Parting shot, Lowieke:


I  knowzz....I  izz super-cute and dazzhingly handsome.
After I wake up, you may cuddle me.

Enjoy your weekend!

Gr.
Lilian


Comments

  1. It looks great! The sleeves in the line drawing looked a bit overwhelming, bit this is very wearable. I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I also wouldn't have picked it from the line drawing, but I really like your version and may have to give it a go :)
    Seeing how you constructed the top of the sleeve is helpful, as google never seems to translate the instructions into english very well lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous top. Those sleeves make the classic t-shirt style look stunning. I also really like the slanted stripes around the neckband.
    Lowieke is adorable - definitely super-cute and handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have this issue, love the top and am so glad that you reviewed it before I got to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great top. Love those rushed sleeves. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over