Man...I am só annoyed. I had my homework duties carefully planned this week so I could squeeze in some sewing this evening. After sewing for an hour I realised I had made a mistake.
The top I started last weekend (and wrote about in my previous post) has rather interesting sleeves so I decided to start with those. Try them out, so to speak. If they don't work then there's no need to put time in the rest of the project.
The sleeves have different front- and backpieces. Like 99% of the patterns have.
I cut out both pieces in pairs.....and forgot to switch them so I had a front- and backpiece for every sleeve.
No no, this experienced sewing-lady sewed happily and smiling two front-pieces together. Applied the elastic and pleated the sites of the sleeve. It was then that I realised my mistake: the marks for front and back were the same (where they should be different!!)
I had to take out all the stitches and now I'm back at where I started this evening. And there will be no more sewing before the weekend.
The good news is that I was pretty happy with the sleeve so far. Happy enough to not give up and try again.
But not today. The rest of the evening I will be reading blogs and I'll get an early night as I'm very tired. (It was a very hectic day. At a certain point I was holding 2 phones to my ears. Ahh...the blessings of a secretary-job..).
Hope your (sewing) time is filled with good things this week!