Summervacation - Definitely time for New Plans

Yes, it's finally here! 3 weeks long, time to relax and do whatever I feel like doing. Ain't that just wonderful!

But first I wanna thank everyone for wishing me well with my sprained ankle.
On sunday I was already doing a lot better and on monday I could walk normally again so I guess I have been lucky this time.

Now, back to the vacation.
I definitely want to do some sewing and I have a few plans already. I bought the fabric a week ago but forgot to prewash it so I had that done today.
But as I just couldn't wait for the fabric to be dry again (I´m not using a machine to dry my fabric), I thought I could just as well pop in a little sewingproject I have been thinking about a lot lately: I want to make just one more summerblouse. Just for the fun of it.

I cut out the fabric today and if I put my mind to it I should be able to show you the finished result in a few days time. I´m gonna let that one be a surprise, ok?

Let's talk about New Plans

KnipMode - June 2010 / 10




I think the style of this jacket is so darn cute. The fabric I'm gonna use for it has a bit of linen in it and a bit of stretch. The colour is creamy-beige and it will combine great with a lot of other colours. Here's a picture which doesn't show the colour very well (as usual...sigh), but gives you a good idea of what the fabric looks like:



















On to the next one. Because I liked all three GORGEOUS dresses, I took a picture of them together, but for now I'm choosing number 21:

KnipMode - July 2010 / 21
















And this is the fabric. It's a jersey. Not lightweight. It's the kind that hangs better on your body because it's a bit heavier. I just love the feel of it.



















Ok, ok, the print is something you have to get used to. Maybe this patchwork-paisleyish design is not to everybody's liking, and I admit that when I left the shop, I wasn't quite sure I had made the right choice. But at this point I'm very pleased with it. You could say that the love is growing. I can see myself wearing this in the fall as well, with a long-sleeved shirt underneath and some great boots. Yes, I have great hopes for this one.

If the mail is delivered correctly today, than the september-issue of KnipMode is waiting for me in my mailbox.
The october-issue will be the last one I will receive on my current prescription. Maybe I will renew my prescription right away. Let's just see what september has to offer. If it's good, I'll go for it. If it's not than maybe I will go back to buying issues every now and then.

Having written this I'm too curious to wait any longer so I'm gonna check my mailbox right away. I'll talk to you about it later, ok?

For now, have a lovely weekend/vacation everyone!

Gr.
Lilian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over