Summer-dress (KnipMode May/2010 - 13a)

This is what I'm working on at the moment:
























(pictures from the KnipMode may 2010 magazine)

This is a nice, stylish picture, but it doesn't really show the dress. So here's the linedrawing to get a better idea of the construction of the dress:
























I chose a plus-size pattern this time. I am so lucky to have a size 44. That means in KnipMode I can choose from all the patterns, because the 'normal' patterns include size 44 and the plus-size patterns start with 44. Lucky me!

Only 1 detail of the dress goes missing in the picture: the skirt has a slit in the back. And there's elastic sewed at the inside of the waist. 

This is the fabric I'm using:



















The scissors are placed in the picture to give you an idea about the size of the flowers. It's a thin cotton. I'll be wearing a camisole underneath but I have to wait and see how see-through the skirt is gonna be. If it's too much I can always wear an underskirt. 

Can you believe I discovered just now, while placing the picture of the fabric in this post, that there are butterflies in the print (in the middle on the leftside) ? I never noticed before. Sweet!

I'm cheating quite a bit with this dress because I'm using (self-drafted) facings for the neckline and the armholes.
Not what the original construction calls for. They have you cut out the top part (above the gatherings) twice so you can use one part to finish of the neckline and the top-part of the armholes. The rest of the armholes is finished with small strips of fabric. It seemed so much hassle to me and I don't want this to be a complicated dress. (Allright, I'll be honest with you: I didn't understand the sewing-instruction). I'm sure if I do it my way it will look nice too.

I hope I will be able to work on this dress in the coming days so that I can show you the finished result in the next post.


Did I mention that in two weeks my summer-vacation starts? Only 8 more days of work. I'm still not in the holiday-mood though. Can't tell you why that is, but I'm sure it will come any day now. (I hope it will: the anticipation is part of the fun right?)

Have a nice weekend/vacation everyone!

Gr.
Lilian

Comments

  1. You are so funny! I love the fabric, and look forward to the pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress design. Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the print is beautiful, can't wait to see the dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your dress is going to look beautiful in that lovely fabric and I really like that causual but pretty style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone, can't wait to see that dress! love the style. You don't see many "waist" dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a cute dress - can't wait to see it when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful fabric. it will look great with the pattern too. look forward for ur finished dress. i think u will be in holiday mood, once it start :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over