Light at the end of the tunnel: Sewing again!

(Warning 1:
if you scroll down there are pictures of my hand which had surgery 4 weeks ago. Just saying...)

(Warning 2:
if you don't scroll down you'll miss out on my latest sewing-update. Just saying... ;-)

That's right. I'm sewing again! Slowly but surely. Wich means I'm doing a lot better. And I'm sure all your best wishes and sending smiles has helped a lot. Thank you for that !!!

Last thursday I had a new appointment in the hospital. The orthopedist said it all looked ok. The x-ray showed that one of the fractures had healed completely and the other was almost there. Enough to start with fysiotherapy.
And thát was all I was hoping for. So monday morning I have my first appointment with the fysiotherapist. 2 to 3 times a week, for 8 weeks!

At this stage my fingers are curved with no possibility whatsoever to stretch them. I'm not making a fist yet either. But it's amazing how many things you can do when your fingers are in a position like this: type, (a bit of) sewing, a lot of household-stuff, and even driving my car with the use of the other fingers and the palm of my hand.
But right now, I can only imagine my fingers being able to stretch or my hand to make a fist, if they break the bones again. Well, I'm sure there are other ways to get back to full use of my hand.
☺☺

This is what the damage looks like right now. The secondpicture shows the maximum position in which I can bend them:





(By-the-way: the background is a cute skirt I sewed a few years ago).

And talking about sewing cute skirts:

This is what I've been sewing on yesterday. I started this on the day I injured myself and now I'm finally able to pick it up again. Apart from hemming it, it's finished but I couldn't wait to show it to you. It's made in linen so it's rather wrinkled:

front
























back
























Just a fun summer-skirt. I think I will make this again in a cute cotton-fabric.
There are so many plans I put aside for the past weeks but now they're all popping up again. And there's a lot of fabric waiting for me. I feel blessed I'm back in this stage where I'm able to look forward again.

I hope I will be posting more regularly now and talking a lot more about sewing and a lot less about medical things. I have been warned by the orthopedist that the fysio will cause an increase of swelling and pain so posting might be slow at times. 

But I promise you more sewing in the near future. And I never lost track of your blogs. I've been following them all the time. A bit jealous at times for not being able to 'take part' but on the other hand they were very inspiring. As always.

More later.

Gr.
Lilian

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you are on your road to recovery! Your hand looks very good, and that skirt is adorable. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! your fingers looks good. Therapy will make a big difference and help your finger healed. Nice skirt, I just finish a similar skirt in a plaid fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute skirt......even cuter fingers.....they are on the road to recovery. Keep walking.......do with the feet what the hands cannot do, you will still feel empowered physically.

    I had surgery two weeks ago and will not be able to run for 6-8 weeks, but I am walking slowly, because I will not be defeated......

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing! Ouch, ouch ouch! It hurts me to look at pitiful fingers. Best wishes to you. I hope you heal fast. Cute skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your back. That fabric you're caressing is beautiful. Can't wait to see what it becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah! I'm so glad that you are feeling better and back doing some sewing. And what a comeback, because that skirt is FABULOUS. I love the colour and the style and it looks beautifully made, despite your injury!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fingers are looking good. I broke my ring and middle fingers of the left hand between the knuckle and middle bend. Had pins and loops and 2 surgeries. The good news is that I have complete use of my fingers. I can make a fist. The surgeon said: If you want to use your fingers you will! Do the therapy no matter how hard it is. It will play off!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over