Sunday, April 11, 2010

SWAP-piece #1 finished




Today I finished the first piece of my mini-swap.

Although I tried it on during the sewing-proces when the fit was just fine, today when I checked the fit it felt like a bag around my body. I didn't understand. This is a TNT for me and the 2 previous tops I made fit alright. I blamed the fabric for it's a bit sturdier than the viscose-jersey the 2 other tops are made of. But then I saw what had happened...or rather, what hadn't happened. I totally forgot to sew darts in the backpiece. Oh dear! I was glad I found out what the problem was and after adding the darts the fit is great.

When I finish all four pieces I'll show you the outfits in a more polished way.

Next up?
Skirt - Burda 04/2006-103
In this fabric:













And now, for some (much needed!!!) relaxation:

Parting shot:


I emptied this basket yesterday and His Royal Laziness didn't take a minute to jump in it and try it out.
I know cats have flexible bones but if you could see how he's rolled up like a little sausage I don't understand how he can be comfortable. Most of the time at least 2 legs are sticking out because there's not enough room in the basket. But he is enjoying it, I guess. He's lying in it at this very moment and it doesn't look like he's planning on leaving soon.


Bye for now, hope to talk to you again soon.

Gr.
Lilian

2 comments:

KID, MD said...

Very nice fit on you - and the cat! I don't know how they get into the darndest places! He looks like a good mascot.

Kathi said...

Well, I am glad you figured out the problem and that it was one you could fix!