Getting better, bit by bit

Last week I've been under the weather. It started on monday with an irritating feeling in my throat. That's always a sign that a cold is about to knock on my door. I managed to keep working for the rest of the week but on friday my boss agreed it would be better to work from home and take my rest when needed. 
On saturday I wanted to rest as much as possible to get better because sunday-afternoon I had plans to go to the Night of the Proms  in Antwerp. And thankfully I had recovered enough by then to do so. 
It was really great, as usual. All the performances were accompanied by the music of a symphonic orchestra: Il Novecento, and a wonderful choir: Fine Fleur. We saw performances of Orchestral Manouvres in the Dark, Roxette, Sharon den Adel (leadsinger of Within Temptation, a Dutch symphonic metalband), John Miles, the Katona Twins (two brothers (siblings) who played the guitar, both modern and classical), and of course, Toots Thielemans, a Belgian harmonicaplayer who's music was really sooo beautiful. I heard it before but now, seeing him live, and feeling the jazzy and melancholic vibe of his music, that was really amazing. I bet you've heard his music before. You think not?? Well, listen to this, and dream away....:



That's enough about the Proms.

What about sewing?
Well, not much going on in that department. I'm still getting tired waaay too soon when doing something, but I keep dreaming and planning and... 

My next project will be a fleece-sweater. I never used fleece before and I have to say, I'm a bit scared of it. It's thick. Not thát thick, but just...thick. Thicker than a cotton, a tweed, a jersey. And it's fluffy. It's new to me and I wonder if I can handle it well. What if I have to unpick stitches? Ohh..the horror of it.

Anyway, it's going to be a very simple sweater (linedrawing in next post). I wíll insert a zipper, so that's really pushing my luck as far as I'm concerned. But we'll see. I'll post pictures as soon as I have any. Oh, and did I mention the colour is a sweet candy-pink?? Should be fun to make right? So stop being scared Lilian!!

Till next time.

Gr.
Lilian

Comments

  1. Hi Lilian. That night at the Proms sounds wonderful. Hope you're feeling better now. I've never worked with fleece myself so I can't offer you any tips but a sweater in candy-pink sounds like a really lovely thing to have with the cold weather coming along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over