New beginnings

Happy 2020 everyone!

What better time to show my face than at the start of the new year, right?
And a polished face that is. After many years of using a black themed blog, I decided it was time to change it to a more fresh-coloured one. The colours I've chosen remind me of spring, which is better than the dreary, rainy, non-wintery weather we're heaving right now in the Netherlands.

After a hiatus of 1,5 year, what are my plans for this blog?
Well, I can tell you that I would love to write a post every week, but that's a promise that might be hard to live up to. So, no promises. Let's just see how this evolves.
One thing I will do is write down ideas for posts and split them up a bit more. No need to cram everything in one post.
I also would love to share more of my daily activities. Not just the sewing stuff.
And last but not least: I really want to improve the quality of my pictures. 

As always the lack of posts was not due to the fact that there was no sewing going on. I still love to create and try to do that whenever I can. Oh, and there has been 'some' fabric shopping throughout the year. Unfortunately, the fabric shop that was so close to my home is no longer there. I really miss it. It was like Alladin's cave with so many beautiful fabrics, lots of jerseys, and other handcrafting material, including a furry cat that seemed to live in the shop (and ón the fabric). The amount of internet-based fabricshops has grown enormously, but that's just not the same. You need to see the fabric and feel it. So the places where I mostly buy my fabric now, are the greater fabric-markets that are held in the region once in the spring and once in the fall. Whenever the dates get published I write them down in my agenda and take a day off from work. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do right?

Since I've been focussing on a better fit, my projects have been more successful. I've kept track and I'm glad to say that in 2019 17 projects turned out to be successful and 3 were failures. One of the failures was a pair of pants. Sewing a pair of fitting pants is still one of my biggest challenges. I've read a lot about adjustments etc. but to make them work is quite another story. It's a matter of not giving up trying I suppose.

This is it for now. Let's finish with the picture that shows most of the fabric I bought at a fabric-market in the spring of 2019. (And it's the picture my blog-header is made from.) Four of them are already made up into summergarments.

Talk to you soon.
Lilian





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over