Let's start this holiday with new fabric

Today is the first day of my summer-holiday and it's gonna last for no less than 5 weeks. There are some trips planned but nothing longer than 1 day, so there's gonna be lots of time left to spend sewing. (And reading, and cooking, and gardening, and doing nothing, and shopping, and sleeping in, and cuddling/playing with my brave little cat-friend). At least that's the plan. But sewing will only happen if the temperatures are gonna drop a bit because it's too hot for me to even move. The 14-day forecast however doesn't show any signs of dropping temperatures. I was allright with that when I was younger but with a certain age comes a dislike of being too hot. I'm sure some of you ladies out there know what I mean, right?
There's hardly any green grass left to find. It all looks yellow. Nature is in desperate need of rain. Lots of rain.

Nevertheless I really wanted to buy some fabric at the beginning of my holiday and today I received 2 packages with fabric at the same time. Talking about planning!

In my head I'm already focussing on fall-sewing but there are some fabrics in my purchase that scream summer.
Well, let me talk you through the pile of goodies.


First, a loose woven, boucle-ish soft pink fabric. It was not showing on the picture on the website (nor is it here) but there is a little hinge of silver thread in it. Not in a way that i don't like though.

Then a viscose fabric, with vibrant blue and green in it. Beautiful but slippery. 


Another viscose fabric, quite thin, see-through and flowy, with beautiful colours.  
The colours are actually even more intense in real life.



A crincled, softblue/purple viscose with beautiful flowerprint. 95% of the fabric is as light as you can see at the top of this picture. The darker colours are only on one side at the end, so I can play with that and use it as a design-feature.
























This fabric was a drag to photograph but I think I nailed it.....a lovely pink crepe fabric.

Talking about fall-sewing. This piece I réally like. It's a brick-coloured knitted fluffy fabric and I will be making a long cardigan out of it. 


And finally, a grey jersey with little black spots. With this I'll make a pair of comfy loungepants to wear at home. 


I think I've added enough to my fabric-stash to last me a while. I have more than enough fabric lying around but it's just fun to buy some new stuff now and then. And there are so many beautiful new fall- and winterfabrics coming out, I just want them all!! 


Little update on my cat-friend for anyone who's interested.
Last week I went back to the veterinarian because I still had some questions about this artrose-condition in combination with the painkiller-medication. He said it would be best to do a blood-test to check the function of his kidneys and liver. My cat behaved just as bad as the last time but with the help of 2 assistants he managed to draw some blood without sedation. Which was great because now I could feed him right after we got home and he didn't have to deal with any side-effects. The blood-test showed that the kidneys are at a point where they are starting to deteriorate. Nothing abnormal for a cat his age, but a concern in combination with the painmedication he's having right now. So I have to give him half of the dose for 6 weeks and then go back for another blood-test. In the meantime I will have lots of time to spend with my little terror-cat ;-)

Well, I guess this is all I have to share right now. If there will be any sewing going on in the coming weeks, I'll let you know.

And I'll talk to you next time.
Lilian

Comments

  1. Some lovely fabrics! Enjoy your holiday and looking forward to what you make of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over