Dress is ready...but I'm not convinced.


Well, here it is then. The dress. Finished.
Looks quite lovely in the picture, doesn't it? Well let me tell you, if I wear it I get really frustrated. I mentioned earlier that I have to stand straightup to avoid any gapes in the upper-front. Also do I keep fidging and pulling on the dress to make the hem look even. If I have just put it on the waistband sits about 5 cm higher in the back than in the front. Pullinggggg!!!! What will happen if I wear this for one day and forget to pull every five minutes? (Dread to think about that..)

So, I'm afraid to say that the problems mentioned earlier are still there. Obviously, because I didn't do anything to solve them. I just don't know whát to do to solve them. The only solution I can think of is letting the frontparts sink under the waistband for a merely 2 or 3 centimeters. But with my luck that will alter the complete look of it. And with all the pleating in the front, that just isn't an option for me. I just don't have the energy to do something about it without really (REALLY) knowing that the endresult will be worth the try.

I shouldn't be so annoyed obviously because of this one thing going wrong, or not going to my liking. It's just that lately EVERYTHING I make seems to have this kind of problem. Nowadays I can rarely finish something thinking: wow, amazing fit! And you may believe me, I thought that quite a few times in my life.

What do you think? Is my body changing? Am I just relying on alterations that were good for me throughout my sewing-life until now, and has now come the time to rethink and change my patterns in a different way? I think all these things are true. Well maybe that's the solution then...but not for this dress. I just don't know if I will wear it or not. Definitely not with the problems that are now occurring. Well, I'll keep thinking of it and in the meantime start with something else. Haven't made my choice yet what my next project will be. Also need to find some more time. This was my weekly day off....yeah, right! Have been working on my laptop for about 6 hours. Jeezz.....

Sorry this is not a happy post. I feel though that some good things, sewingwise, are about to happen. My next project will be a truly WOW-ing garment, with an AMAZINGLY PERFECT fit. More to come.

Gr. Lilian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over