KnipMode 2016/09-7 Cardigan



                                       
Normally this is a chronological blog, but with this cardigan I'm breaking that rule. This was already made in december. Animal print is a trend that has been here for a while and is probably not going anywhere soon. I still have to get used to wearing it and feel very selfconscious if I do. Especially when half of my body is covered in it. But it was not made to hang in the closet so today I was 'brave' and wore it to work. At least, it's perfect for casual friday.

It is a simple pattern and a simple make. I took my time with the front- and necklineband.
The only thing I changed was the armscye. The sleeves are put in at a lower point but the pattern has curved lines as if it has to accomodate for the shoulderpoint so it was almost inevitable that after putting in the sleeve, a bump on the upperarm occurred.  If the sleeve starts that low on the arm, you can just as well get away with a straight seam. Good thing I check the fity my projects, numerous times in between. Now I had to unpick only one sleeve.


The fabric is a very soft knit. It's part of a package of 5 x 2 meters of knit jersey I bought a while ago. It was sold as a surprise package so I didn't know in advance what the fabrics looked like. It was only € 20 euro's and it felt like giving myself a present. I was not disappointed at all! There's still one piece left, one was a fail and the other three were made up in this cardigan, a skirt, and a sweater. The last two I already wore several times. I'm actually playing with the idea of buying another package of surprise knit-jerseys....

After work I made the pictures for this blog. Sometimes I have to take 100 photo's just to get one right and now it was done in a few minutes. There was even some time to goofe around.
It would be a waste not to post them, ánd I had a good hairday, so I'm showing my face today :-)

Have a nice weekend everyone and stay Corona-safe!
Lilian




Comments

  1. Wel een leuk vest!! Eens kijken of ik dat nummer ook heb liggen. De patronen van Knipmode zijn goed. Maar er staat zelden iets leuks voor me in.

    Groetjes Thea♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel Thea! Mocht je het patroon vinden, dan heel veel plezier met het maken ervan.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over