Mini fabric haul

In my earlier years of sewing I didn't have a fabricstash. I bought 1, 2 or max 3 pieces and sewed them up, before I bought other fabric.
Then the internet came and I started reading about other sewists who bought lots and lots of fabrics. Pictures of enormous fabricstashes....it made my mouth water....and yes I must admit, influenced me!
Slowly but surely I started buying more and more. You could say that's where my addiction started. My plans couldn't catch up with the need want of new fabric so I started buying without a plan. And that was a mistake. If I look at my stash now I see some pieces that have been there forever. And guess what? Exactly! Those were the ones I bought without any idea of what to do with them. I came to the realisation that that was just not the way to go for me. So nowadays I'm back to planning most of my fabricpurchases. Trying to be sensible about it. (I'll make an exception for pieces out of the remnant bin though....) It doesn't mean I always stick to those plans but at least there always ís a plan.

The following fabric I bought online at Budgetstoffen and I wasn't dissapointed at all when I opened the package. There are only 3 pieces. I restrained myself from buying more because in March I will be visiting a large fabric market so I didn't want to overdo it this time.

Knitted jersey - mint/beige stripes (50% viscose / 47% polyester / 3% elasthane)
This is a soft, thin, almost delicate knit. Good thing there's elasthane in it or else I don't think it would hold its shape at all. I want to make a cardigan with this, which will be ideal to wear in spring.

Knitted jersey - fuchsia stripes (97% viscose / 3% elasthane)
Another thin knit and quite see through. Using interfacing in another colour is almost impossible so I will have to figure out another way to stabilize certain parts. I'll be using the same cardiganpattern for this as for the mint/beige fabric.

Lycra Stripes and Flowers (82% polyester / 18% spandex)
I will use this to make a sports shirt. The pattern is one I made myself by copying a shirt that I bought and that I really like to work out in. If it turns out to be a succes than I can see more of these shirts in the near future.

This will also be the next project I will be working on, starting tomorrow. It should be a quick make.
For now the plan is to keep it simple but for future projects it would be fun to do some colourblocking. Maybe there will be some of this blue fabric left and I can pair it with a plain black or blue lycra. Now that's an idea I like!

Talk to you soon!
Lilian


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over