Saturday, January 29, 2011
KnipMode 2010-09 / 5 Skirt finished
This skirt is finally finished. It took me a week longer than planned because I had a very busy workschedule, but yesterday and today I found the time to get it done.
And I'm happy with it.
The darkgreen stretch-gabardine is really a treat to work with and great fabric for skirts with some kind of structure.
The pleats in the front are really 'doing their thing'. I was a bit anxious that the pleats would only accentuate my tummy-area, but it's really spaceous without being balloon-like. It's just perfect actually. I really recommend this pattern. You have to wear something tucked into the skirt or else the hip-area will look wider than you want it to look.
I wasn't sure at first if I would use the bias strips to finish the pockets and wanted to stick to the oldfashioned way, but I'm glad I did. I did pretty well, if I say so myself:
The height of the waist is something I have to get used to. It's higher than I normally wear and I constantly feel the urge to pull the skirt down a bit. But it's right where it should be.
Lately, Knipmode is using more and more straight waistbands on their trousers and skirts. I'm not happy about that. I believe a slightly curved waistband fits better. But for this skirt it worked out just fine.
I wanted to wear black high-heeled shoes with this outfit but the ones I have are really past their glorytime.
A week ago I bought these pair. They're perfect.
Well, that's about it. I have more to tell and show you, but all in good time.
Have a great weekend everyone!