Sunday, March 14, 2010

Knit top finished

Just finished this knit top and couldn't wait to show it to you.
Tadaaaa :


The pattern is from Knipmode, februari 2010.
Here's the linedrawing:


The frontpiece (1) has a cut-on facing (1a). After closing the backseam of the neck (the small vertical seam between 1 and 1a) you fold in the facing and baste
it onto the seams of the frontpiece.
It's very easy and quick to make. Definitely a pattern I will use again.
There's a lot of draping at the neck so if you want to make this top, you should use a thin knit or else it will be quite bulky. This fabric draped just fine.

When I tried the top on during the sewingproces and the sleeves weren't yet in, I had a sudden vision of a warm summer, me going to the shop to buy some ice-cream, feeling hot and sweatty and enjoying/absorbing summer to its fullest.

Work in progress                         
That was when I decided this top could be made for summer too, without sleeves or just short ones. Oh...the possibilities of a pattern and the neverending ideas (i.e. dreams) of a sewist.
The sleeves on this top are 3/4 length.

I love this top very much. It has quite some cleavage which is fine if I stand up straight, but If I bend down....oh my.... So I guess I'll have to pair it with a cami.

What I like the most of this top is the print of the fabric. I wish I could find more of these fine-structured prints.

That's all for now. Talk to you again soon.

Gr.
Lilian

11 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

That top is right up my alley (lol). It does have numerous possibilities.

KID, MD said...

Beautiful blouse! The fabric is perfect for it. That will be a very versatile pattern.

Aminat said...

Beautiful, I love the print too....

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

What a great shape! It looks just long enough, too. Nice job!

Karima said...

I just love this top. I have seen a few of this style on the web in bloggerland and I have seen some wonderful versions, such as the Hotpatterns Greecian Ts. Have you thought of turning this into a dress?? It would look amazing. I love it. Well done. I wish I could find a pattern at my local store.

gwensews said...

I enjoy seeing KnipMode designs. All I have seen are quite beautiful. Nice top!

Kathi said...

Okay, I am officially jealous. I have bought several patterns that had cover pictures promising a drape like that. NONE have turned out anything like that!! Your top is beautiful!! I want that pattern!!

melissa said...

Ooh looks like a winner! I just adore cowl neck tops, I'm going to have to grab this issue now.

Lina said...

Gorgeous! I just love it!

Alviana said...

beautiful top. it will look great on u. i always want to try a cowl neckline top. nice...

Anonymous said...

What a nice top, and I love that fabric. May I ask you where you bought this? Or from which producer it comes - I'm Dutch too..
Teddie